Established in 1912, Second Avenue Baptist Church was a lively, growing church in South Dallas. Then in the early 1950s, the church moved to its present location on Ferguson Road and dropped the “Avenue” in the name to become Second Baptist Church of Dallas. A few years later it merged with another Dallas church, Forney Avenue Baptist Church, and became an epicenter of the love and hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Dallas Community.
Recently, Second Baptist Church has opened its facilities to Iglesia Baptista El Alfarero and Dallas Metroplex International Church, striving to further the Kingdom of God in our local community. The rest of the story is being made today in our relationships with people in our community and our involvement with the world around us.
Second Baptist Church is called to proclaim the Gospel of Christ and the beliefs of the evangelical Christian faith, to maintain the worship of God, and to inspire in all persons a love for Christ, a passion for righteousness, and a consciousness of their duties to God and their fellow human beings. We pledge our lives to Christ and covenant with each other to demonstrate His Spirit through worship, witnessing, and ministry to the needs of the people of this church, the community, and the world.